Propono (Latin): to put or set forth, to set or lay out, to offer, to place before, expose to view, display, point out, declare, represent, report, say, relate, set forth, publish, etc.



Thoughts and posts on a wide variety of topics: current events, family, politics, religion, culture, academics, science, technology.



Propono, ergo sum?

Friday, August 25, 2006

the Longboard

Two weeks ago, on our way to breakfast at the Pig N' Whistle for KHD's birthday, we stopped by a neighborhood Garage Sale. There, in the bright light of a beautiful Saturday morning, she sat: a skateboard. Not just any skateboard, mind you, but a full-on "longboard," great for cruising around the neighborhood, around the lake, and just a lot of fun. It is a Sector 9 Luke Nosewalker. The price (after negotiation) was reasonable (a little less than a third of what it would cost new), and I took it home (though not until I'd almost broken my neck trying it out).

I'd been thinking about a skateboard for a long time, especially as a great way to get around the lake, to the bus stop, to the tennis courts, etc. I'd never ridden a longboard, though, and don't know that I necessarily would have considered one, had I not found one for sale at a garage sale.

Long story short: it is great! My wife chuckles at me a bit, but it is a lot of fun to ride, and because of its size, quite stable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home